- 1 1/4 cups small brown lentils
- 2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 litre water
- Juice of 1-2 lemons (to taste)
- Place lentils in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil over medium-high heat.
- Keep at a gentle boil until lentils are soft about 30-40 mins, then add salt to taste and boil for 10 more mins.
- Take off the heat and stir in garlic and lemon juice, to taste. Add additional water if the soup becomes too thick. Ladle into soup bowls, and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil!