- olive oil or clarified butter
- 1 bunch of kale, destemmed, chopped/shredded
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- capers; rinsed, dried and pan-fried until blistered in butter
- a poaced egg for each bowl
- a dollop of salted Greek yoghurt
- a big drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- lots of za'atar
- toasted sesame seeds
- In a large frypan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the kale and a couple of pinches of salt. Sauté kale until it softens and bit and brightens, just a minute or so. Stir in the rice and cook until the rice is hot. If your rice is on the dry side, add a small splash of water.
- Serve the kale rice topped with capers, poached egg, yoghurt and za'atar.